2022 FESTIVAL DATES AND TIMES
Workshops & Shows
Workshops & Shows
Workshops & Shows
Royal Caribbean Auditions
Have a Question?
Check Out our Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I purchased Tickets in 2020/ 2021, how do I get a refund or roll forward to 2022?
Please complete this online form to either roll forward your ticket, or to get a refund.
Please note that if you purchased your ticket via a Group Booking, you should contact your Studio Owner / Dance Teacher.
Question: I purchased Accommodation in 2020/2021, how do I get a refund on roll forward to 2022?
Please complete this online form to either roll forward your accommodation, or to get a refund.
Things to Note:
As the2022 ADF falls during the Easter School holidays (and the Easter show is at Sydney Olympic Park), the rates charged directly by the hotel will be A LOT higher, so please consider wisely before giving up your accommodation.
If you purchased your accommodation via a Group Booking, you should contact your Studio Owner / Dance Teacher.
If you wish to roll over your accommodation, please note that the hotel rates have gone up by between $5 - $20 per night. We will send you an invoice for this additional amount if you tick "I would like to roll over". The new rates for the hotel rooms can be found here
Question: I'd like to come but I'm worried that the event will be cancelled / postponed again.
What is your COVID-19 Refund Policy
The normal refund policies* will apply UNLESS:
1. The government ban on mass gatherings of 500+ is still in place as at 28 Feb 2022.
Should this situation arise, we will look at cancelling the dates in April and re-scheduling the event as we will not put people at risk.
What this will mean for you in the case that the ADF is postponed:
You can either roll forward your ticket and your accommodation payments to the new scheduled dates of the ADF or
If you are unable to attend the new scheduled dates, we will provide you with a refund for your ADF tickets and accommodation LESS a $25 administration fee
If you have already purchased your flights, please call your travel agent / airline to discuss how flexible their policies are and whether they will provide you with a credit or refund
If you haven’t purchased your flights, we recommend that you purchase a flight with the flexibility to change your dates.
Please remember that travel agents and airlines have also been badly affected by COVID-19 and be calm and compassionate with staff who are trying to help you.
2. You have been directly impacted by COVID-19 and are unable to come due to illness, quarantine or loss of income (please communicate with us ASAP if this is the case).
In this scenario, we will be assuming that the ADF will run as usual in April.
We will assess each request for a refund on a case by case scenario.
We do not wish for the ADF to be a source of more heartache and pain for families affected by COVID-19 and will use compassion common sense and to guide our decisions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance or clarification about refunds. Our preferred mode of contact is via email to email@example.com.
Normal Refund Policy:
Cancellations up to 31st January 2022 will only be refunded 50% of any type of pass or accommodation.
Any changes such as cancellations, change of name, change in type of pass, change of room mate, switching rooms, changing dates of accommodation, etc will be subject to an administration charge of AUD$25
No cancellations, changes and/or refunds will be accepted from 1st Feb 2022
Question: Where can I access assistance at the event?
Our Help Desk will be open at the following times:
Friday 8th April from 9.30am – 8pm
Saturday 9th April 8am - 8pm
Sunday 10th April from 8am - 8pm
Question: How Early Do I have to arrive at the Venue?
We recommend that you arrive at the venue at least 2 hours before your first workshop to enable us to check you in.
Please note that Quaycentre requires that all bags be checked and tagged upon entry.
For those of you who are Competing in the Dance Around The World Solo Competition OR Auditioning for the Full Time Dance Schools,
you will need to allow extra time for collecting your BIB
Question: What are the Terms & Conditions of Entry?
In 2022, you will have DIGITAL QR Code which we will need to scan upon entry. You will need to agree to the following terms:
1) I agree to have the Digital QR Code on my phone OR a print out of it on me at all times.
2) I agree to upload a current photo into the ADF app by the deadline of Thursday 7th April 2022 so that ushers and staff can identify me
3) I agree to allow Ushers And Security to scan my QR Code when asked
4) I hereby grant to the Australian Dance Festival & it's sponsors the right to video or photograph part or whole of my involvement in the event for promotional use with respect to future presentations of ADF and the business of the Producer & it's sponsors.
5) Entry is subject to compliance with the venue's Conditions of Entry. Patrons who disrupt a performance, who are in use or possession of a prohibited object may be asked to leave the venue without refund of ticket purchase. Ticket holder consents to and will permit the search and inspection of his or her person, clothing, bags or other possessions by any official, employee or agent of the venue. See website www.quaycentre.com.au
6) The ticket is valid only when purchased through an authorised agent and must be retained throughout the performance. Any and all correspondence in relation to ticketing must be directed towards Angela Lau (email: firstname.lastname@example.org - phone: 1300-132-152.
7) The right is reserved to vary, substitute of withdraw advertised programs, artists, venue and seating arrangements as necessary.
8) The ticket purchaser agrees to accept responsibility for ensuring this ticket is not copied and/or used fraudulently
Question: I have a voucher for the Australian Dance Festival, how can I activate it?
Please email email@example.com with your voucher number and a picture of the voucher to access instructions on how to activate it.
Purchasing Tickets & Passes at the Venue
Question: Can I purchase tickets and/or full passes, day passes at the Venue?
Yes you can. However, there is a strong possibility that we will sell out on Saturday night. We have made a contingency for Standing Room Only tickets which will be $20 at the door (no concessions) if we run out of seats.
Venue Orientation & Parking
Question: Where can I park?
A map of Sydney Olympic Park can be downloaded HERE
We have circled in red P3 which is the nearest parking station to the Quaycentre.
For parking fees, please visit the Sydney Olympic Park Website.
Checking into the Hotels
Question: I booked my accommodation via the Australian Dance Festival. How will the hotel know that I have a room?
We have supplied the hotel with a list of people who paid for their accommodation via the Australian Dance Festival. When you check in at the hotel, all you will have to do is provide them with your name and some photo ID. You will also be required to provide them with your credit card details in order to cover any room service charges.
Food & Drinks
Question: Will food & drinks be available for sale inside Sydney Sports Centre & Netball Central?
Yes there will be food outlets set up within the venue that offer healthy food and drinks.
The Quaycentre will have food outlets open in:
- The Main Stage Area
- The Back Stage Area
- Their Cafe located on the 1st level
Netball Centre will have food outlets open in:
- The foyer - Huddle Café
- Fresh sushi, sandwiches and wraps in the Expo Area Court 3
- Coffee cart in the Expo Area, Court 3.
Close to the hotels are also the following outlets: McDonald's, Gloria Jean's, Muffin Break and Subway. Please note that the Sports Centre will not allow you entry to the building if you are carrying food that you have purchased off the premises and is clearly BRANDED. If you must eat at McDonald's etc. please finish your meal off site before entering the Sports Centre.
Child Protection Policies
Our organisation is committed to child safety. The Australian Dance Festival has a a Code of Conduct which sets out clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children within our organisation, to help protect children from abuse..
We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks. For more information, please download our Code of Conduct